Novashare was developed from the ground up with simplicity and performance in mind. You can be up and running with our plugin in a matter of minutes, and rest easy knowing it won’t bring your site to a crawl. Its code is optimized with a laser focus on Google Core Web Vitals.
Whether you have a small or large site, scaling is not a problem. Some of the top brands in the WordPress industry, like Kinsta, WP Buffs, WPLift, LayerWP, and HeroThemes, have already implemented Novashare.
Share buttons and counts
Increase your social visibility by adding share buttons on your site’s most popular content (including blog posts, pages, custom post types, or even ecommerce products). Encourage people to share by showing single or total share counts from your favorite social media networks.
Novashare includes share buttons for the following networks:
- Twitter share count support
- Facebook share count support
- Pinterest share count support
- Buffer share count support
- Reddit share count support
- Hacker News
- SMS (mobile)
- Messenger (mobile)
- LINE (mobile)
- Tumblr share count support
- VK share count support
- Yummly share count support
Tired of bloated social media plugins with a thousand options you’ll never use? Then you are in for a treat with Novashare!
Lightweight and fast
With Novashare, our scripts don’t run where they shouldn’t. This was a big pet peeve of ours with other social sharing plugins. If you don’t have it selected to load on the homepage, then it shouldn’t load there.
Third-party icons are great, but they also come with a performance cost. Novashare instead uses inline SVG icons. This means there are no additional libraries or DNS lookups needed just for the icons. In fact, we don’t load any third-party resources.
We use custom tables designed for scaling large and high-traffic WordPress sites. A huge problem with some plugins is that they fill up the
wp_options table over time and this can kill your site’s performance. With custom tables, the bulk of the data is stored separately.
You won’t have Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) warnings with Novashare. It’s optimized out of the box for Google Core Web Vitals.
We have three share count refresh rate options you can choose. These use a staggered approach, which is the best for performance and marketing purposes. If you’re a developer, you can also use the built-in filter to pass in your own share count refresh rates. Don’t care about share counts? No API calls are made if they aren’t enabled.
Just how lightweight is Novashare? It’s under 4 KB on the front-end, around 80% smaller than the competition! In other words, our WordPress plugin is really small.
Unlike some other social sharing plugins, Novashare is GDPR-friendly, with no additional configuration needed. Our plugin doesn’t use trackers, place cookies, or collect personally identifiable information (PII) data of any kind.
A lot of plugins have their own fancy control panels. We love great design, but when it comes to functionality on the back-end, it usually means you have to waste time learning a new UI.
We take advantage of native WordPress styling with no admin menu clutter. This makes it fast and easy to jump right in and start configuring settings.
Here are a few settings you can quickly configure:
- Enable inline share buttons, floating, or both.
- Choose where to display buttons (posts, pages, custom post types, blog feed, archives, and WooCommerce products). We have shortcodes too.
- Pick from 24+ different networks.
- Choose share button alignment.
- Change the size, shape, and color. Match the branding of your site in seconds.
- Display social share counts: individual, totals, or both.
- Set breakpoints where you want the share buttons to appear on mobile.
Full block editor support New
We fully embrace the block editor, as we believe it’s the future of WordPress. Novashare has a block for every feature, which enables on-the-fly previews and customization.
You can easily add Novashare to any post, page, or template by clicking “Add block” in the editor and selecting Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, or the Click to Tweet block.
Change the button layout, style, width, alignment, colors, etc., all from within the editor. No more having to save and reload the page. Design your share buttons exactly how you want before publishing the changes.
If shortcuts are more your thing, you can quickly find a block by typing
/nova... Still using the Classic Editor? No worries; we also have customizable shortcodes for every feature.
Social share count recovery
Novashare has a share count recovery feature. This lets you automatically recover all of your previous social share counts that might have been lost during:
- HTTP to HTTPS migrations
- Domain changes
- Changes to permalink structure (common or custom)
- URL changes (includes an editor option to add previous URLs on any post)
Previous share counts are combined with your current share counts to ensure you never lose any of your data. On one site we were able to recover over 60,000 lost share counts!
Pinterest image hover pins New
See image hover pins in action on the Novashare demo.
This feature includes the following:
- Choose where to display image hover pins (posts, pages, custom post types).
- Change button position, shape, color, icon color, and hide the label.
- Customize pin titles and descriptions.
- Add a pin repin ID.
- Disable pinning on individual images.
- Upload and pin hidden images optimized for Pinterest.
Scales across all devices
Responsive and works on all devices, from desktops to mobile phones. Set breakpoints above and below where you want to hide your share buttons.
You can configure any type of scenario:
- Show floating share buttons on desktop but only inline button on mobile (top or bottom of content or both).
- Show floating share buttons on desktop that scale down to floating share buttons on mobile (stick to the bottom of the screen).
- Show only inline buttons on desktop (top or bottom of content or both).
- Show only inline buttons on mobile (top or bottom of content or both).
- Show only floating share buttons on desktop.
- Show only floating buttons on mobile.
- Hide total share counts on mobile.
- Fill available space on mobile.
- Enable our show on scroll feature to trigger at a specific point on a page.
Match your branding
Every site is different and you should have options. Novashare lets you match your WordPress site’s branding with just a few simple clicks.
Sizes and shapes
You want your buttons to stand out, but not necessarily clash. There are dozens of styles, shapes, and size combinations you can use. Check out more style combinations.
Choose any color
Choose any colors you want. Below is an example of Novashare on woorkup staying inline with the site’s color scheme.
Follow block and widget
The follow block and widget let users quickly connect with you on your favorite social media networks. You can add it to your site’s sidebar or footer. Features the following:
- 57 buttons and networks.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface.
- Customizer support for making changes with live preview.
- Three different shapes: Squared (default), rounded, and circular.
- Three different alignments: Left (default), right, and center.
- Change the size of the buttons.
- Change the button and icon colors, as well as the hover attributes.
- Option to open links in a new tab.
Analytics and link shortening
We believe in keeping things simple but still giving you the data you need as a busy site owner or marketer.
Some of these features include:
- Enable and configure UTM parameters (source, medium, name) to track which social networks drive the most traffic to your WordPress site.
- Utilize the data in reporting tools like Google Analytics or Fathom.
- Shorten URLs with Bitly (including the UTM parameters) and make them look a lot cleaner.
- Analyze your link and top-performing click data in Bitly’s dashboard.
- Purge short links.
Have a lot of WordPress sites? No problem. The Novashare unlimited license supports WordPress multisite setups. This allows you to easily push the settings from your network default site to your subsites.
Multisite setups include the following features:
- Network activate the plugin and activate your license from the network admin.
- Assign different types of network access: Site Admins or Super Admins only.
- Quickly push your configured settings from your default network site to your other subsites.
Support and ongoing development
We use third-party plugins just like the rest of you, and there is nothing worse than subpar support. That is why we will never outsource this. With Novashare, you get help directly from the developers of the plugin. We have over 19 years of experience working with WordPress on a daily basis.
Developing plugins isn’t just a side hobby for us; it’s what we do full-time. We are continuously releasing new features and fixing bugs. Our plugins are always tested with the latest versions of WordPress.
We also believe having good documentation saves everyone time. That’s why we have 75+ step-by-step docs on how to use and best configure Novashare.
Your feedback is very important to us so that we can make improvements. If you have an idea or suggestion, we would love to hear it! Make sure to check out our current feature requests and the changelog for Novashare.
Finally, a social sharing plugin that is fast and simple to use. Get up and running in a matter of minutes. Have any questions? Just drop us a message, we are always happy to help.