Skip to content
Use the code NOVASHARE for 10% off!
Version 1.0.8 – 07.28.2020
- Added Hacker News social network share button.
- Added SMS share button.
- Added new Button Alignment option to both Inline Content and Floating Bar settings.
- Added ‘novashare_meta_title’ filter to all places where a meta title is determined and returned for social links, open graph, etc…
- Made some adjustments to the content filter for Pinterest image hover buttons to prevent pins from being added to images outside of the loop.
- Front-end stylesheet compatibility improvements for Pinterest image hover buttons and mobile floating bar.
- AMP compatibility fixes.
- Thanks to the team at Kinsta for sharing a few bugs that are now fixed!
Version 1.0.7 – 07.06.2020
- Added a share count recovery improvement to flag the recovery API calls to run again with the share count updater if there was a failed response returned from one of the networks the first time.
- Adjusted a tooltip translation that had an HTML tag in the translation string.
- Made some small improvements to novashare.js.
- Fixed an issue where the Click to Tweet shortcode was attempting to run outside of the content hook which was causing the inline styles to not print correctly.
- Added some additional logic to the Click to Tweet functions to strip HTML tags from the tweet shared in the URL.
Version 1.0.6 – 07.02.2020
- Added new Share Count Recovery section including options to Combine HTTP & HTTPS URLs, Recover Previous Permalink Structure, Domain, & Post URLs.
- Added some additional logic to the Pinterest Hover image thumbnail filter to prevent hover buttons from appearing on images outside of the loop.
- Removed the error message that displayed if our inline shortcode was included on a page that did not have Novashare enabled.
- Fixed a styling bug in our plugin settings that was causing long option titles to interfere with the tooltip hover icons.
Version 1.0.5 – 06.11.2020
- Added new Options section for Pinterest in plugin settings along with a new option to Enable Image Pins.
- Added some additional logic to novashare_is_post_allowed function to prevent post meta details from being queried if they are not needed.
- Added nofollow, noopener, and noreferrer attributes to all social share links elements.
- Changed WhatsApp link format to better support both desktop and mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where the Call to Action text and position fields were not being populated automatically when inserting a Click to Tweet shortcode.
- Fixed a bug where the short link function was being triggered if certain conditions were met in the Block Editor.
Version 1.0.4 – 05.28.2020
- Added new Floating Bar option to set the Mobile Max Width which will allow you to only show the floating bar’s mobile view below a certain width.
- Made some adjustments to the share button styles for better compatibility.
- Added exclusion attribute on Pinterest share button to prevent issues when their pinit.js script is also loaded.
- Updated tooltip link for the Twitter Username option.
Version 1.0.3 – 05.20.2020
- Added new Configuration option to adjust the Share Counts Refresh Rate, along with a filter to pass in a custom set of refresh rates.
- Reworked front-end novashare.js file to not require jQuery. (Props to Andy Feliciotti for the suggestion)
- Added a new Novashare Inline Content shortcode for displaying inline content share buttons.
- Added an additional Inline Content Button Position option, “Don’t Add to Content”.
- Adjusted the Refresh Share Counts function to purge existing share counts before updating for the requested post.
- Fixed an issue where a row for Novashare meta details would sometimes be created before any data had been entered.
Version 1.0.2 – 05.08.2020
- Various Multisite fixes and compatibility improvements.
- Fixed the label on Call to Action Position in the Click to Tweet shortcode popup.
Version 1.0.1 – 05.03.2020
- Fixed a bug that was causing the stylesheet not to load correctly in certain cases if share counts were disabled.
Version 1.0.0 – 05.01.2020
- Official launch version of Novashare!
- Fixed some styling issues on the network specific settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Restore Defaults button wasn’t working on the main options tab.
- Added base translation files.
- Removed various old comments, cleaned up some code that was no longer being used.
- Added character limits to various text fields across plugin settings.
- Removed Pinterest Description from the Novashare Details post meta box.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.7).
- Added additional checks to prevent the share updater function from running in places where it doesn’t need to.
- Fixed an issue where the Pinterest share button was not successfully grabbing the image URL for the link.
- Adjusted notifications for button trigger options.
- Added new options to Import and Export plugin settings in the Tools tab.
- Migrated Extras tab to new Tools tab.
- Fixed an issue where social share counts were still attempting to calculate on preview URLs.
- Added tooltip text and documentation links to the majority of plugin options.
- Added basic input prevention for invalid characters on various text inputs.
- Numerous styling changes and additions both on front end elements and in the plugin admin UI.
- Reworked the licensing tab user interface.
- Combined various network and licensing functions into a shared core set of functions.
- Fixed an issue with click to tweet boxes creating empty duplicates when surrounded by paragraph tags.
- Fixed an issue with total shares text display where there is only a single total share.
- Added credit to icon library sources in the main plugin file.
- Added breakpoint offset pixel for hiding above so the below and above options overlap correctly.
- Updated plugin description.
- Modified share count updater to save update timestamp even if no share counts are retrieved.
- Removed LinkedIn share counts.
- Finished integrating social button print functions with post meta display controls.
- Added UTM parameters to plugin settings page header links.
- Updated Facebook Graph API Calls to v6.0.
- Fixed various styling bugs.
- Added new configuration option to Purge Social Share Counts.
- Updated share counts refresh timer to check modified date instead of publish date.
- Updated admin enqueue function to only enqueue admin scripts and styles in necessary locations.
- User interface updates and improvements in the plugin settings and the front end styles.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing WordPress from automatically adding paragraph tags to content.
- Updated text domain in EDD Updater Class to match the rest of the plugin.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.6.18).
- Updated meta box function to only display Novashare Details meta box on public post types.
- Updated Bitly functions to v4 of their API.
- First live version uploaded for testing.
Was this article helpful?