Version 1.3.1 – 05.02.2022
- Added new Inverse on Hover design option for Inline Content and Floating Bar share buttons.
- Changed toggle CSS selectors to be more specific to prevent conflicts.
- Moved plugin settings header output to in_admin_header action hook for compatibility.
- Minor style adjustments to the new plugin UI.
- Added support for Grow Social share counts and post meta data to the Novashare Migrator.
Version 1.3.0 – 03.30.2022
- Updated network admin settings page with UI improvements and support page.
Version 1.2.9 – 03.29.2022
- Updated plugin settings UI.
- Added new novashare_bitly_link_generated action.
- Fixed an issue where the share window call to action background setting was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the background color was not able to be changed for the click to tweet block in the block editor.
- Changed settings export file name date format to be easier to organize when managing multiples.
- Moved restore default functionality to a separate option on the tools page.
- Code refactoring.
Version 1.2.8 – 02.24.2022
- Added new option to set a Default Social Image.
- Added new Subscribe Button along with a Subscribe Link field.
- Added prompt to display a confirmation dialog after clicking the copy button.
- Updates to TinyMCE code to prevent an error from occurring if localized script data is not available.
- Fixed an undefined index warning coming from settings.php.
- Minor plugin settings UI improvements.
- Refactored main JS file to be more efficient (25% smaller).
Version 1.2.7 – 02.03.2022
- Added new Pin Image field to the Novashare section of the core image block editor.
- Added new hidden image functionality to the post meta Pinterest Image when share button is set to Show All Pinnable Images.
Version 1.2.6 – 12.22.2021
- Added new Share Button feature.
- Added some extra logic to the floating bar on mobile that will push it past the footer when scrolling to the very bottom of the page.
- Added clarification to the tooltip for the floating bar top offset option to more clearly explain accepted values.
- Fixed a validation issue with the Pinterest image hover button HTML.
Version 1.2.5 – 11.09.2021
- Improved reliability of Facebook share count requests due to API changes.
- Fixed an issue where the refresh share counts button was not working correctly in some configurations.
- Added plugin logo to WordPress plugin updates section.
Version 1.2.4 – 11.05.2021
- Added support for new click to tweet accent color and default toggle states to shortcode builder.
- Fixed an issue where certain network links were not set to the correct protocol.
- Updated EDD plugin updater class to version 1.9.1.
Version 1.2.3 – 11.02.2021
- Added new accent color options for click to tweet elements.
- Added three new default state toggles for click to tweet element options.
- Updated settings migration functions for easier compatibility with multisite.
- Code refactoring and cleanup.
- Fixed an issue where button links weren’t working correctly on single attachment posts.
- Fixed undefined index warning in widget.php.
- Fixed an issue with the clean uninstall function.
Version 1.2.2 – 09.24.2021
- Added Discord network support for Follow Buttons.
- Added Goodreads network support for Follow Buttons.
- Fixed an issue where HTML tags were getting included in the title when sharing an archive post.
- Updated post type selection options to include attachment posts.
- Added new novashare_permalink filter and available integration with AffiliateWP.
- Made some changes to our plugin updater function that should help with auto-updates in a multisite environment.
- Updated EDD plugin updater class to version 1.9.0.
Version 1.2.1 – 09.02.2021
- Added new Show on Scroll options to Floating Bar.
- Added new novashare_button_attributes filter.
- Added new novashare_button_networks filter.
- Added new novashare_inline_position filter.
- Added new novashare_opengraph_meta_tags filter.
- Added some compatibility styles to Pinterest hover buttons to help with CLS in certain instances.
Version 1.2.0 – 07.27.2021
- Added new Pinterest Share Button Behavior and an option to display a gallery of images by default.
- Added new Pinterest image pin options to change Button Position, Button Shape, and Hide Button Labels.
- Added new novashare_network_link filter.
- Added new novashare_inline_cta filter.
- Added new novashare_networks filter.
- Added new novashare_pinterest_image_excluded filter.
- Added support for our new Novashare Migrator tool.
- Improved reliability of Facebook share count requests due to API changes.
- Plugin UI navigation performance improvements.
- Fixed some compatibility issues with the follow widget and WordPress 5.8.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some one-per-line text fields to not save correctly.
Version 1.1.9 – 06.18.2021
- Added new Excluded Images field to Pinterest options to exclude specific images based on their attribute string. Also added new novashare_pinterest_image_excluded_attributes to go along with that option.
- Added new Twitter Count Service option with the ability to switch between TwitCount and OpenShareCount.
- Fixed LinkedIn share button link on mobile devices with the app installed.
- Removed value requirement for data-pin-nopin attribute.
- Made adjustments to the Novashare row links on the plugins page.
- Removed license activation check and corresponding links from the plugins page to improve back-end performance.
- Added readme.txt file.
Version 1.1.8 – 05.11.2021
- Added new Top Offset option to Floating Bar.
- Added new Custom CSS box which will only print when Novashare is loaded.
- Added new post meta option to Disable Image Pins on an individual post.
- Added new Copy button to Inline Content and Floating Bar.
- Added expiration date to license tab.
- Updated AIOSEO functions to their latest filters for compatibility with Novashare meta details.
- Fixed an issue with Click to Tweet font styling on sites with dark backgrounds.
- Added support for data-pin-description attributes already present on images when using Pinterest hover buttons.
- Fixed an issue where Pinterest hover buttons were being applied to images even if the source had no valid extension.
- Fixed multiple PHP warnings coming from oembed functions in meta.php.
Version 1.1.7 – 03.29.2021
- Added new Inline Content options for Call to Action.
- Added new Floating Bar mobile options for Background Padding, Fill Available Space, and Hide Total Share Count.
- Added new Floating Bar option for Container Offset.
- Added new Button Margin options for both Inline Content and Floating Bar.
- Added LINE network support for Follow Widget.
- General styling fixes and optimizations to improve performance when printing multiple button groups on the same page.
- Added support for novashare_mobile_networks filter to Follow Widget.
- Fixed an issue that was causing styles not to print properly when using a nested content shortcode on the page.
- Removed options for Remove Spacing which has been replaced with new Button Margin inputs.
Version 1.1.6 – 02.11.2021
- Added new novashare_follow shortcode to print follow buttons.
- Added new novashare_floating shortcode to relocate floating bar output.
- Added new Floating Bar option to Show on Homepage.
- Added new Configuration option to Hide Meta Box in the WordPress editor.
- Added new Configuration option to enqueue Global Styles when using shortcodes or widgets on custom templates.
- Added new Messenger desktop link format if a Facebook App ID is available.
- Added a minimum image dimension check for Pinterest image hover buttons along with a new novashare_pinterest_image_minimum_dimension filter.
- Fixed an issue where the Click to Tweet menu button wasn’t showing in the Classic Editor.
- Fixed an AMP validation warning on the Pinterest image hover buttons.
Version 1.1.5 – 01.20.2021
- Added compatibility with All in One SEO when using our open graph tags.
- Fixed an issue where button styles were not loading correctly when previewing a post.
- Fixed an issue where certain styles were not loading correctly when viewing an AMP post.
- Fixed a PHP warning related to combining HTTP + HTTPS share counts.
- Fixed an issue where Bitly URLs were being generated for LinkedIn.
- Updated Pinterest Image Hover button link to HTTPS.
- PHP 8 compatibility testing.
- Various code optimization.
Version 1.1.4 – 12.21.2020
- Added new floating bar options to Show on Posts Page (blog feed or homepage) and Show on Archives.
- Added desktop link variations for the few networks that were previously only available on mobile. All networks will now show on both by default.
- Added Pinterest popup grid selection as a fallback if no specific image is set for the page.
- Added novashare_post_permalink filter to any instances where we get the permalink by post ID.
- Made some adjustments to our Pinterest image hover button container to prevent it from interfering with parent block elements.
- Updated EDD plugin updater class which will now allow for WordPress auto-update support.
- Organization improvements to plugin settings pages.
Version 1.1.3 – 11.09.2020
- Added LINE, Messenger, and TikTok networks.
- Performance optimizations to the short link request function.
- Moved a small number of networks to only display on mobile devices. This list can be modified via our new novashare_mobile_networks filter.
- Added new novashare_ctt_tweet filter.
- Adjusted Open Graph title and description meta tags to remove line breaks and various other unwanted characters.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Open Graph meta tags to display on non-singular posts where Novashare is not displayed.
- Pinterest Image Hover Button adjustments for better compatibility.
- Added aria-label attributes to all network buttons for accessibility.
- Updated LinkedIn share link URL format.
- Added function to remove rows associated with a post from the novashare_meta table when that post is deleted.
- Fixed an issue with the Click to Tweet button not showing up in the Classic Editor.
Version 1.1.2 – 11.02.2020
- Fixed a bug that was causing duplicate short link rows to be created in the novashare_meta table for some posts. These will automatically clear out over time, but you can also use our Purge Short Links option to immediately clear out all short link data.
Version 1.1.1 – 10.09.2020
- Fixed an issue where certain custom styles were not displaying correctly when custom button colors were also set.
Version 1.1.0 – 10.08.2020
This is the most significant Novashare update so far, and we’re excited about all the changes (many came from user feedback). We never like pushing out updates that require user interaction, but to ensure scalability for features and performance moving forward, we’ve made some changes to the core styles and button sizes.
There are two important things you need to be aware of when updating the plugin:
- You might need to purge your site or CDN cache. This specific file:
- Small, medium, and large button sizes have been updated to be slightly smaller. If you were previously using small or medium size buttons, you’ll most likely want to select the size above whatever you had before.
- Added new Button Style options with 6 available styles for inline content and 2 available styles for the floating bar.
- Added new Button Layout option for inline content buttons with support for up to 6 columns.
- Added new Button Label options for inline content buttons to display social network labels next to their respective icons.
- Added new Total Share Count options for inline content and floating bar for positioning before and after social buttons as well as changing text color.
- Added new Remove Spacing options for inline content and floating bar to hide margins around buttons in either location.
- Added new Mobile Background Color for the floating bar.
- Added top margin to inline content buttons displayed below post content.
- Added default variable to embed title filter for better error handling.
- Made small style adjustment to Pinterest image hover buttons for better compatibility with captions.
- Fixed multiple PHP warnings coming from the settings and main functions files.
Version 1.0.9 – 08.31.2020
- Added new Social Follow Widget which allows you to add follow buttons for your social network profiles.
- Styling adjustments to the Pinterest image hover buttons for better compatibility.
- Added excerpt filter exclusion to prevent share button HTML from interfering with some excerpt snippets.
- Migrated to minified versions of our front-end JS and CSS files for increased performance for some sites.
Version 1.0.8 – 07.28.2020
- Added Hacker News social network share button.
- Added SMS share button.
- Added new Button Alignment option to both Inline Content and Floating Bar settings.
- Added ‘novashare_meta_title’ filter to all places where a meta title is determined and returned for social links, open graph, etc…
- Made some adjustments to the content filter for Pinterest image hover buttons to prevent pins from being added to images outside of the loop.
- Front-end stylesheet compatibility improvements for Pinterest image hover buttons and mobile floating bar.
- AMP compatibility fixes.
- Thanks to the team at Kinsta for sharing a few bugs that are now fixed!
Version 1.0.7 – 07.06.2020
- Added a share count recovery improvement to flag the recovery API calls to run again with the share count updater if there was a failed response returned from one of the networks the first time.
- Adjusted a tooltip translation that had an HTML tag in the translation string.
- Made some small improvements to novashare.js.
- Fixed an issue where the Click to Tweet shortcode was attempting to run outside of the content hook which was causing the inline styles to not print correctly.
- Added some additional logic to the Click to Tweet functions to strip HTML tags from the tweet shared in the URL.
Version 1.0.6 – 07.02.2020
- Added new Share Count Recovery section including options to Combine HTTP & HTTPS URLs, Recover Previous Permalink Structure, Domain, & Post URLs.
- Added some additional logic to the Pinterest Hover image thumbnail filter to prevent hover buttons from appearing on images outside of the loop.
- Removed the error message that displayed if our inline shortcode was included on a page that did not have Novashare enabled.
- Fixed a styling bug in our plugin settings that was causing long option titles to interfere with the tooltip hover icons.
Version 1.0.5 – 06.11.2020
- Added new Options section for Pinterest in plugin settings along with a new option to Enable Image Pins.
- Added some additional logic to novashare_is_post_allowed function to prevent post meta details from being queried if they are not needed.
- Added nofollow, noopener, and noreferrer attributes to all social share links elements.
- Changed WhatsApp link format to better support both desktop and mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where the Call to Action text and position fields were not being populated automatically when inserting a Click to Tweet shortcode.
- Fixed a bug where the short link function was being triggered if certain conditions were met in the Block Editor.
Version 1.0.4 – 05.28.2020
- Added new Floating Bar option to set the Mobile Max Width which will allow you to only show the floating bar’s mobile view below a certain width.
- Made some adjustments to the share button styles for better compatibility.
- Added exclusion attribute on Pinterest share button to prevent issues when their pinit.js script is also loaded.
- Updated tooltip link for the Twitter Username option.
Version 1.0.3 – 05.20.2020
- Added new Configuration option to adjust the Share Counts Refresh Rate, along with a filter to pass in a custom set of refresh rates.
- Reworked front-end novashare.js file to not require jQuery. (Props to Andy Feliciotti for the suggestion)
- Added a new Novashare Inline Content shortcode for displaying inline content share buttons.
- Added an additional Inline Content Button Position option, “Don’t Add to Content”.
- Adjusted the Refresh Share Counts function to purge existing share counts before updating for the requested post.
- Fixed an issue where a row for Novashare meta details would sometimes be created before any data had been entered.
Version 1.0.2 – 05.08.2020
- Various Multisite fixes and compatibility improvements.
- Fixed the label on Call to Action Position in the Click to Tweet shortcode popup.
Version 1.0.1 – 05.03.2020
- Fixed a bug that was causing the stylesheet not to load correctly in certain cases if share counts were disabled.
Version 1.0.0 – 05.01.2020
- Official launch version of Novashare!
- Fixed some styling issues on the network specific settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Restore Defaults button wasn’t working on the main options tab.
- Added base translation files.
- Removed various old comments, cleaned up some code that was no longer being used.
- Added character limits to various text fields across plugin settings.
- Removed Pinterest Description from the Novashare Details post meta box.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.7).
- Added additional checks to prevent the share updater function from running in places where it doesn’t need to.
- Fixed an issue where the Pinterest share button was not successfully grabbing the image URL for the link.
- Adjusted notifications for button trigger options.
- Added new options to Import and Export plugin settings in the Tools tab.
- Migrated Extras tab to new Tools tab.
- Fixed an issue where social share counts were still attempting to calculate on preview URLs.
- Added tooltip text and documentation links to the majority of plugin options.
- Added basic input prevention for invalid characters on various text inputs.
- Numerous styling changes and additions both on front end elements and in the plugin admin UI.
- Reworked the licensing tab user interface.
- Combined various network and licensing functions into a shared core set of functions.
- Fixed an issue with click to tweet boxes creating empty duplicates when surrounded by paragraph tags.
- Fixed an issue with total shares text display where there is only a single total share.
- Added credit to icon library sources in the main plugin file.
- Added breakpoint offset pixel for hiding above so the below and above options overlap correctly.
- Updated plugin description.
- Modified share count updater to save update timestamp even if no share counts are retrieved.
- Removed LinkedIn share counts.
- Finished integrating social button print functions with post meta display controls.
- Added UTM parameters to plugin settings page header links.
- Updated Facebook Graph API Calls to v6.0.
- Fixed various styling bugs.
- Added new configuration option to Purge Social Share Counts.
- Updated share counts refresh timer to check modified date instead of publish date.
- Updated admin enqueue function to only enqueue admin scripts and styles in necessary locations.
- User interface updates and improvements in the plugin settings and the front end styles.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing WordPress from automatically adding paragraph tags to content.
- Updated text domain in EDD Updater Class to match the rest of the plugin.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.6.18).
- Updated meta box function to only display Novashare Details meta box on public post types.
- Updated Bitly functions to v4 of their API.
- First live version uploaded for testing.