Version 1.1.4 – 12.21.2020
- Added new floating bar options to Show on Posts Page (blog feed or homepage) and Show on Archives.
- Added desktop link variations for the few networks that were previously only available on mobile. All networks will now show on both by default.
- Added Pinterest popup grid selection as a fallback if no specific image is set for the page.
- Added novashare_post_permalink filter to any instances where we get the permalink by post ID.
- Made some adjustments to our Pinterest image hover button container to prevent it from interfering with parent block elements.
- Updated EDD plugin updater class which will now allow for WordPress auto-update support.
- Organization improvements to plugin settings pages.
Version 1.1.3 – 11.09.2020
- Added LINE, Messenger, and TikTok networks.
- Performance optimizations to the short link request function.
- Moved a small number of networks to only display on mobile devices. This list can be modified via our new novashare_mobile_networks filter.
- Added new novashare_ctt_tweet filter.
- Adjusted Open Graph title and description meta tags to remove line breaks and various other unwanted characters.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Open Graph meta tags to display on non-singular posts where Novashare is not displayed.
- Pinterest Image Hover Button adjustments for better compatibility.
- Added aria-label attributes to all network buttons for accessibility.
- Updated LinkedIn share link URL format.
- Added function to remove rows associated with a post from the novashare_meta table when that post is deleted.
- Fixed an issue with the Click to Tweet button not showing up in the Classic Editor.
Version 1.1.2 – 11.02.2020
- Fixed a bug that was causing duplicate short link rows to be created in the novashare_meta table for some posts. These will automatically clear out over time, but you can also use our Purge Short Links option to immediately clear out all short link data.
Version 1.1.1 – 10.09.2020
- Fixed an issue where certain custom styles were not displaying correctly when custom button colors were also set.
Version 1.1.0 – 10.08.2020
This is the most significant Novashare update so far, and we’re excited about all the changes (many came from user feedback). We never like pushing out updates that require user interaction, but to ensure scalability for features and performance moving forward, we’ve made some changes to the core styles and button sizes.
There are two important things you need to be aware of when updating the plugin:
- You might need to purge your site or CDN cache. This specific file:
- Small, medium, and large button sizes have been updated to be slightly smaller. If you were previously using small or medium size buttons, you’ll most likely want to select the size above whatever you had before.
- Added new Button Style options with 6 available styles for inline content and 2 available styles for the floating bar.
- Added new Button Layout option for inline content buttons with support for up to 6 columns.
- Added new Button Label options for inline content buttons to display social network labels next to their respective icons.
- Added new Total Share Count options for inline content and floating bar for positioning before and after social buttons as well as changing text color.
- Added new Remove Spacing options for inline content and floating bar to hide margins around buttons in either location.
- Added new Mobile Background Color for the floating bar.
- Added top margin to inline content buttons displayed below post content.
- Added default variable to embed title filter for better error handling.
- Made small style adjustment to Pinterest image hover buttons for better compatibility with captions.
- Fixed multiple PHP warnings coming from the settings and main functions files.
Version 1.0.9 – 08.31.2020
- Added new Social Follow Widget which allows you to add follow buttons for your social network profiles.
- Styling adjustments to the Pinterest image hover buttons for better compatibility.
- Added excerpt filter exclusion to prevent share button HTML from interfering with some excerpt snippets.
- Migrated to minified versions of our front-end JS and CSS files for increased performance for some sites.
Version 1.0.8 – 07.28.2020
- Added Hacker News social network share button.
- Added SMS share button.
- Added new Button Alignment option to both Inline Content and Floating Bar settings.
- Added ‘novashare_meta_title’ filter to all places where a meta title is determined and returned for social links, open graph, etc…
- Made some adjustments to the content filter for Pinterest image hover buttons to prevent pins from being added to images outside of the loop.
- Front-end stylesheet compatibility improvements for Pinterest image hover buttons and mobile floating bar.
- AMP compatibility fixes.
- Thanks to the team at Kinsta for sharing a few bugs that are now fixed!
Version 1.0.7 – 07.06.2020
- Added a share count recovery improvement to flag the recovery API calls to run again with the share count updater if there was a failed response returned from one of the networks the first time.
- Adjusted a tooltip translation that had an HTML tag in the translation string.
- Made some small improvements to novashare.js.
- Fixed an issue where the Click to Tweet shortcode was attempting to run outside of the content hook which was causing the inline styles to not print correctly.
- Added some additional logic to the Click to Tweet functions to strip HTML tags from the tweet shared in the URL.
Version 1.0.6 – 07.02.2020
- Added new Share Count Recovery section including options to Combine HTTP & HTTPS URLs, Recover Previous Permalink Structure, Domain, & Post URLs.
- Added some additional logic to the Pinterest Hover image thumbnail filter to prevent hover buttons from appearing on images outside of the loop.
- Removed the error message that displayed if our inline shortcode was included on a page that did not have Novashare enabled.
- Fixed a styling bug in our plugin settings that was causing long option titles to interfere with the tooltip hover icons.
Version 1.0.5 – 06.11.2020
- Added new Options section for Pinterest in plugin settings along with a new option to Enable Image Pins.
- Added some additional logic to novashare_is_post_allowed function to prevent post meta details from being queried if they are not needed.
- Added nofollow, noopener, and noreferrer attributes to all social share links elements.
- Changed WhatsApp link format to better support both desktop and mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where the Call to Action text and position fields were not being populated automatically when inserting a Click to Tweet shortcode.
- Fixed a bug where the short link function was being triggered if certain conditions were met in the Block Editor.
Version 1.0.4 – 05.28.2020
- Added new Floating Bar option to set the Mobile Max Width which will allow you to only show the floating bar’s mobile view below a certain width.
- Made some adjustments to the share button styles for better compatibility.
- Added exclusion attribute on Pinterest share button to prevent issues when their pinit.js script is also loaded.
- Updated tooltip link for the Twitter Username option.
Version 1.0.3 – 05.20.2020
- Added new Configuration option to adjust the Share Counts Refresh Rate, along with a filter to pass in a custom set of refresh rates.
- Reworked front-end novashare.js file to not require jQuery. (Props to Andy Feliciotti for the suggestion)
- Added a new Novashare Inline Content shortcode for displaying inline content share buttons.
- Added an additional Inline Content Button Position option, “Don’t Add to Content”.
- Adjusted the Refresh Share Counts function to purge existing share counts before updating for the requested post.
- Fixed an issue where a row for Novashare meta details would sometimes be created before any data had been entered.
Version 1.0.2 – 05.08.2020
- Various Multisite fixes and compatibility improvements.
- Fixed the label on Call to Action Position in the Click to Tweet shortcode popup.
Version 1.0.1 – 05.03.2020
- Fixed a bug that was causing the stylesheet not to load correctly in certain cases if share counts were disabled.
Version 1.0.0 – 05.01.2020
- Official launch version of Novashare!
- Fixed some styling issues on the network specific settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Restore Defaults button wasn’t working on the main options tab.
- Added base translation files.
- Removed various old comments, cleaned up some code that was no longer being used.
- Added character limits to various text fields across plugin settings.
- Removed Pinterest Description from the Novashare Details post meta box.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.7).
- Added additional checks to prevent the share updater function from running in places where it doesn’t need to.
- Fixed an issue where the Pinterest share button was not successfully grabbing the image URL for the link.
- Adjusted notifications for button trigger options.
- Added new options to Import and Export plugin settings in the Tools tab.
- Migrated Extras tab to new Tools tab.
- Fixed an issue where social share counts were still attempting to calculate on preview URLs.
- Added tooltip text and documentation links to the majority of plugin options.
- Added basic input prevention for invalid characters on various text inputs.
- Numerous styling changes and additions both on front end elements and in the plugin admin UI.
- Reworked the licensing tab user interface.
- Combined various network and licensing functions into a shared core set of functions.
- Fixed an issue with click to tweet boxes creating empty duplicates when surrounded by paragraph tags.
- Fixed an issue with total shares text display where there is only a single total share.
- Added credit to icon library sources in the main plugin file.
- Added breakpoint offset pixel for hiding above so the below and above options overlap correctly.
- Updated plugin description.
- Modified share count updater to save update timestamp even if no share counts are retrieved.
- Removed LinkedIn share counts.
- Finished integrating social button print functions with post meta display controls.
- Added UTM parameters to plugin settings page header links.
- Updated Facebook Graph API Calls to v6.0.
- Fixed various styling bugs.
- Added new configuration option to Purge Social Share Counts.
- Updated share counts refresh timer to check modified date instead of publish date.
- Updated admin enqueue function to only enqueue admin scripts and styles in necessary locations.
- User interface updates and improvements in the plugin settings and the front end styles.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing WordPress from automatically adding paragraph tags to content.
- Updated text domain in EDD Updater Class to match the rest of the plugin.
- Updated EDD Updater Class to the latest version (1.6.18).
- Updated meta box function to only display Novashare Details meta box on public post types.
- Updated Bitly functions to v4 of their API.
- First live version uploaded for testing.